The Digby Plays
- The Digby Plays
- Bodleian Library
- OXFORD, Great Britain
- Shelf Mark:
- MSS Digby 133 and e Museo 160 (olim 226)
- Alternate Names:
- The Digby Mysteries
- Digby: 169 paper folios -- quarto size ;e Museo: 180 paper folios -- quarto size
- Date Description:
- ca. 1500-1616 (Digby), ca. 1520 (e Museo)
- For the content of Digby 133, see p. vii of the Introduction.
For the contents of e Museo 160, see pp. xiv-xv of the Introduction.
Contents of the facsimile are listed below.
- Bastard Anglicana
- Musical Notation:
- Call Number:
- Hesburgh Library General CollectionPR 1260 .D5 1976
- Nature of Facsimile:
- The facsimile volume contains only the plays. For Digby 133: The Conversion of St. Paul (fols. 37-50v), Mary Magdalen (fols. 95-145), Candelmes Day and the Kyllyng of (th)e Children of Israelle (fols. 146-157v) and Wisdom (fols. 155-169v; the end is missing); for e Museo 160: Christ’s Burial (fols. 140-156v), and Christ’s Resurrection (fols. 156v-172).
- Leeds texts and monographs -- Medieval drama facsimiles, 3
- Publication Date:
- Place of Publication:
- Leeds, Kent, Great Britain
- The University of Leeds, School of English
- Leeds University Press
- Contains Conversion of St. Paul, Mary Magdalen, Killing of the Children, Wisdom, Christ’s Burial, and Christ’s Resurrection.
Other names: Donald C. Baker, J. L. Murphy
- Type of Text:
- drama, religious, vernacular